Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A month ago if you had said "Nick Charles" to me, I would have asked which AFL team has recruited him.

About 3 weeks ago I borrowed a CD from the Chelsea Library (Grace Notes) and was blown away by this incredible finger-picking which is a worthy legacy of the Chet/Merle /Doc tradition.
I couldn't get on the 'net quick enough to research the player and to see him play live.
I have now seen him play 3 times, including once as part of an electric blues band, where he played an Epiphone Emperor, a beautiful looking arch top box.

I haven't been disappointed and have included a link to Nick's website where there are some samples to listen to of his playing.

I have already told Nick that I strongly identify with one of his vocal numbers, his own composition, "Everybody sleeps but me"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home