Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Korg Toneworks Pandora PX1 is as old as the hills now, so when I bought one second-hand recently, the search was on to find a manual for it. A pom who calls himself Johnny Shredfreak was kind enough to put manuals on a webpage after he was sent one from a young Aussie named Jacqui.
This webpage doesn't exist any more, so I have set up a Yahoo group with a zip file of the manual in the files section. (Yahoo Groups, PX1)
The unit is so small that when I first went to show it off to Ziggy I was unable to find it in my FX case!
If you see one hanging around in your local Cashies or where-ever, buy it but don't pay too much, there are some very nice distortions and even a nice vibrato effect. Mine is hissy, and as I usually use more treble than average on my amps this is an issue. But I haven't played with the Noise Reduction settings yet, and postings on the Net suggest it can run quietly.
I have seen posts where people tape or velcro their unit to their guitar strap, and this is definitely the way to go with the Pandora.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi the link doesn"t work
does it possible to fet tha manual????

Thanks

8:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked the links for a while!
Email me at stanciu2@yahoo.com.au and I will send you a copy of the manual, it is about 1.5M in size.
Repost a comment here when you have done so, as I do not regularly check my yahoo email
Cheers
Stan

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I send you an email

Thanks for your help !!!

F.

1:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi do u receive my mail??

F.

8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Can You also send me a copy of a Manual of the Pandora Korg Px1t? I need it so much...thans

6:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my E-mail..engbell_jay@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot Sir!

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home