Monday, April 26, 2010

Rivers Clothing -Jeans - disintegrated at FIRST WASH

I bought these jeans two or three months ago, and having just had the length professionally altered, I decided to wear them for the first time on Friday.
On a train into the CBD of Melbourne I noticed my hands were grubby, covered with a black dust.
It didn't take long to work out that the "dust" was off my new black jeans. The next day, along with another new pair of black jeans,  I decided to hand-wash off what I assumed was loose clothes dye. I noticed some slight fraying of the material near the stitching just under the fly. I soaked the jeans in woolwash, and then rinsed them. Still the "dye" kept blackening the water. After a few rinses I put both pairs  in the washing machine for a cold wash.
When I went to retrieve the freshly washed and spun jeans to hang them out to dry, I couldn't believe what occurred. The damage was to the one pair only. 
 


I may have been just unlucky, or there may be a lack of quality control from Rivers and their suppliers. 
But my partner Jenny had an incident at their cash register which left us both unhappy. She bought three items tagged at $9.95, but noticed a cash register sub-total of over $32.00 which she queried. At this stage, she hadn't had her visa card swiped, ie no payment had been made.  The staff insisted she show her driver's licence as ID to fix their mistake with the pricing anomaly.
She subsequently sent an email of complaint to Rivers, to receive in reply a rambling justification of their refund procedures. Figuring that her email probably wasn't read properly, Jenny sent a further email to say she wasn't happy with the reply she received as she hadn't yet made payment, which meant she hadn't applied for a REFUND, therefore Rivers treatment of her was unsatisfactory.
Not only has she not received an apology, her second email hasn't even been replied to.
We will NEVER shop at Rivers again.