Friday, December 30, 2005

Fretless guitar: I have recently toyed with the idea of having a fretless guitar. I think it may work for single notes and double stops, but I doubt it would be much good for chords!

Having an old acoustic laying around, I decided to start on this project. I found that removing frets is NOT an easy task, and the finger board can get damaged in the process.
So, research was the next step. I found this site: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/fretting.htm
Now, why didn't I think of heating up the frets with a soldering iron????
(Tongue in cheek) Brett from World of Music is interested in this topic. If you have any old guitars or maybe just some spare necks, perhaps you could donate them so that he can practice. :-)

I will keep you posted on my own efforts when I resume this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home